Penggunaan OTHER VS ANOTHER dalam bahasa inggris

Penggunaan OTHER VS ANOTHER dalam bahasa inggris


Other
= yang lain; another = satu (lagi) yang lain; Kalau tidak diawali oleh THE (the other), gunakanlah another.
Contoh: I need another year to finish my study.
I need other year to finish my study. (INCORRECT, well, sounds clumsy).
I bought two t-shirts yesterday. One is for myself and the other one is for my brother.
I bought two t-shirts yesterday. One is for myself and the other is for my brother.
I bought two t-shirts yesterday. One is for myself and another one is for my brother. (KURANG PAS)
I asked the cheating student to go home while the other students were still taking my exam.
I asked the cheating student to go home while the other ones were still taking my exam.
I asked the cheating student to go home while the others were writing their exam.
----/